Event Social Media Management
“there is no doubt that the team’s help and support with the social media coverage was key to making sure that Sitting With Jane reached the widest-possible audience.”
The SWJ Event Social Media Project & Challenge
Sitting With Jane was a summer art trail created by Destination Basingstoke and Wild in Art with key objectives to:
- Increase footfall to the area
- Increases in repeat visits
- Increase in hotel occupancy and dwell time
- Increase in visitor spend
- Enhanced Basingstoke and surrounds profile and placemaking
- Create viral social media
- Raise £50,000+ for a local charity
Social media was a key component to this event. In February 2017, Destination Basingstoke approached The Typeface Group to bid alongside other companies for the social media management project.
The Typeface Group won this contract and provided a co-management, during event social media management and a continuous consultancy service from the 1st April until the unveiling of the designs on the 17th of June. At that point, TFG took over the event social media in its entirety throughout the BookBench trial, the Auction and supported the ‘wind down’ of the accounts.
The key aims of the event social media were to:
- Keep the buzz going about the Sitting With Jane project.
- Encourage users to download the app, post their photos and to interact with the social media accounts.
- Generate national and international awareness of Basingstoke, Alton, Winchester and surrounds and their links with Jane Austen.
- Provide engaging posts that encouraged people to engage with the accounts and extend their reach.
- Support the other Jane Austen 200 activities that were happening throughout the summer.
An Overview Of The Event Social Media Activites:
Before the trail release in June TFG:
- Monitored ‘buzzwords’ to ensure that any press coverage or mentions of the project are captured and shared/responded to.
- Co-ordinated with DB to work out when events are happening to enable DB to send ‘live updates’ out during this time. TFG will then monitor responses and any comments.
- Co-ordinated with DB & their PR agency about press coverage, celebrity endorsements etc, to ensure that TFG are prepared and proactively looking for the coverage and endorsements.
- Promoted and monitored the #SittingWithJane hashtag and respond appropriately.
- Acquired information about the sponsors, artists, events booked in and benches to set up a large number of tweets & updates in preparation for the release.
- Acquired approved images and MP4 files to be able to share content natively on social media platforms and set up updates with this content in mind.
- Researched hashtags to use alongside #SittingWithJane plus networking hours to take part in to increase the reach of updates relevant to the target markets specified in the briefing document.
- Provided a monthly in-depth social media analysis reports to monitor what type of content is gathering the most interaction.
Between the 17th June until 31st August TFG took over the management of the accounts.
Which included all the above plus:
- Regular daily updates on the project, the sponsors and artists. Tagging them into updated where possible.
- Trivia, facts and interactive type updates on Jane Austen and the benches to encourage engagement.
- Updates that encourage User Generated Content (UGC).
- Sharing UGC and, depending on volumes, collated top photos to make short videos to share across the platforms.
- Working alongside and advising all parties to ensure that the ‘Sitting With Jane’ project is getting the most exposure.
- Analysed and reported back to DB to make suggestions of other collaborations and ideas to keep the momentum going.
- Streaming the Auction live to allow those that enjoyed the trail to see how much money was raised for ARK Cancer Charity.
People reached during the 12 week SWJ trail
Impressions during the 12 week trail
Increase twitter followers during the 12 weeks
Increase of Facebook likes during the 12 weeks
The team from The Typeface Group were great to work with and provided a first-class service to the Sitting With Jane project – playing a key role in promoting the BookBench public art trail and covering the auction.
Ark Cancer Centre Charity was delighted to work with The Typeface Group on Sitting With Jane, and there is no doubt that the team’s help and support with the social media coverage was key to making sure that Sitting With Jane reached the widest-possible audience.
The team’s work at the actual auction made sure that the social media platforms were used to the best possible effect in terms of providing extensive coverage to the local, national and international audience.Mark Jones
The Typeface Group took on the Sitting With Jane project with great enthusiasm, it was clear from the start that they would not only carry out our brief of managing social media for this big project, but they would add great value with the many ideas of their own. The project was a challenge for us as a small business, with so many operational aspects to manage as well as the PR it was a huge reassurance to know that Typeface was able to keep engaged with our developing fan base. They did this 24 hours a day, from before the project was live – helping develop a real buzz and anticipation – then throughout the event, responding to queries (even the difficult ones!), coming up with innovative ways to engage with fans, sharing photos submitted by fans and always using their initiative to get the conversation going. The mix of planned activity and responsive activity was a very effective combination. Their involvement doubtless increased the impact of the project and was an important part of the success. Thank you to all at Typeface who contributed so much, going way beyond our expectations and the brief.Felicity Edwards
Looking for a team to help your event social media campaign?
Having to think of new and interesting social media content ideas all the time can lead to ‘social media ideas block’. Here is the truth of it – good social media content ideas take time to create! As you can imagine, people or teams that produce social media...