WINTER IS COMING – YOUR CHRISTMAS MARKETING PLAN!
Peaky Blinders is back on our screens and the kids are back to school, therefore what I am about to ask is totally acceptable. Is your business Christmas ready?
Whether you’re are B2B or B2C there will be a minimum required level of business Christmas marketing activity that you’ll need to plan and implement over the next few months. We’ve put together a bit of a crib sheet with important dates and helpful advice to help you on your ‘merry’ way.
Consider your seasonal products/services/offering. Place stock orders if you haven’t already.
PR – you’re leaving it a bit late.
There is still time to get your products into Christmas Gift Guides. If you haven’t already (Christmas starts in July in the worlds of PR), speak with your PR company to ensure that they grab any outstanding opportunities for you.
Schedule time with your website developer/print designer NOW to start building your Christmas shop, creating Christmas menus, promotional materials and business Christmas cards.
Update your website SEO where appropriate. It can take Google up to eight weeks to recrawl your site after you make your changes. If you wait any later than mid-September, you’ll miss the boat to push festive products and take advantage of Christmas shoppers looking to spend online.
You know you are likely to be busy throughout the festive period. Drive that all-important footfall to your shop, website, offices through effective social media management. But it isn’t as simple of scheduling a few updates. With the algoritms making the most engaged content get in front of people, you need to have a plan and people to execute it. So we recommend putting a plan together now that will idenitfy content that needs to be created, photos to be taken, graphics required and more. National dates, blogging, PR, email campaigns, last order dates and more should be on this plan to make the updates as useful as possible and to give you time to manage your comminuty, any questions and messages that come via your social platforms.
All the planning back in September should pay off this month. Promotional materials should be printed and delivered by the end of the month.
- Arrange print of your business Christmas cards
- Sign off and arrange print of any P.O.S materials to promote the upcoming festivities.
- Organise any corporate giveaways for VIP clients & contacts.
- Start planning your Christmas Party – It’s important & you’ll deserve it when you come to the end of the year!
- Looks at social and PPC advertising to support your efforts.
Black Friday – 29th November
Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving in the US. Where, since 1932, it has signalled the start of the Christmas shopping season. Adopted worldwide as a day where shops on the high-street and online heavily discount selected lines to encourage the beginning of the Christmas spending frenzy. Cyber Monday – 28th November is an extension of Black Friday in our eyes, concentrating on online sales.
Is your Business Black Friday/Cyber Monday ready?
- Big social media push.
- Products selected?
- Online Christmas Shop?
- Promotional material printed?
- Email Campaign to advise your existing customer base of what os on offer?
- Social media promotion scheduled?
Late November/ Early December.
You will be busy at this stage. Prepare well and you will be able to complete the below:
- Daily social media activity
- Update your opening hours.
- Update your last order/postage details.
- Send Christmas cards & Corporate Gifts
- Send any digital Christmas cards
- Put up the office/shop Christmas tree.
- Daily social media countdown & product promotion.
- Prepare for your NY sale including content, and social media adverts
- For those of you in retail try and get some sleep
- Buy a bottle of Cinzano
- Get the turkey out to defrost!
Does what it says on the tin. Use this promotion as an incentive to generate those last minute sales.
1st Get involved in #theindieway Christmas challenge
✔️ Corporate gifts & business Christmas cards sent
2nd Cyber Monday
✔️ Email campaign #4
✔️ Digital cards send
14th Free Shipping Day
✔️ Email campaign #5
21st Last day for first class signed for postage
24th Christmas Eve – active New year sales shop.
25th Christmas Day
26th Boxing Day – sales push via scheduled email communications & social media activity
LOOKING FOR SOME HELP?
We have a team of expert waiting to help you through the festive season.