social media / marketing
the indie way at christmas
Back by popular demand, our Indie Way at Christmas is here! From the 12th of December through to Christmas Day itself, we’ll be sharing a prompt for a social post for something festive.
When we did this back in July, the response was incredible! We had businesses joining in from all kinds of industries, and we’ve been inundated with messages to do it again.
So here goes!
Feel free to share the graphic on your feed and then tag us if you’re taking part! We’ll be mainly using Facebook and Instagram, but sharing main images on Twitter and LinkedIn as well.
In case you’re new and don’t know the dos and don’ts we set out in the July challenge, here they are:
- Feel free to share this challenge with anyone that you think it will help and enjoy it.
- Use #theindiewayatchristmas in each update & post and follow the hashtag on Instagram
- Comment on other posts from accounts that are joining in or share their update on relevant platforms
- Follow and connect with other independent businesses that you are genuinely interested in and want to engage with
- Look at your social media stats before the challenge starts and then after to see what effect taking part had on your business.
- Use this to follow and then promptly unfollow independent businesses
- Forget to use the #theindiewayatChristmas in your posts
- Start to spam the #
Because it’s Christmas, we couldn’t leave you with just that. We’ve got some of our clients and some people who took part in the Indie Way back in July to submit their favourite Christmas song, and along with the song themed for each day, we’ve compiled a playlist here:
Discover how we can help with your social media below.