Is your WordPress website ready
for PHP update 7.2?
If you have a WordPress website, this PHP update is important and it needs action as soon as possible.
All websites built with WordPress, globally, will need to upgrade to PHP 7.2.
How to install this plugin.
- In your WordPress admin go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Enter “Display PHP Version” in the text box and click Search Plugins.
- In the list of Plugins, click Install Now next to the Display PHP Version Plugin.
- Once installed, click to activate.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard page and look next to your WordPress version to see what PHP version is running.
You need to contact your website host and request this PHP update. In our experience, many website hosts will not upgrade this script automatically. Before requesting your upgrade, I recommend that you make sure that you take a site backup and update your WordPress framework, theme and plugins first.
Why upgrade your PHP script?
There are lots of reasons to make this PHP update:
- Increased website performance
- Up to 40% faster page speed
- Greater memory efficiency
- Enhanced security via the inclusion of the Argon 2 password hashing
- Libsodium cryptography library
If your website starts to wobble, the functionality starts to slow down and some elements can stop working very often. However, this can be improved by a PHP upgrade to 7.2.
If we host your website here at The Typeface Group, we will automatically be
Do you know how your website is performing? Click here to request a free, no-obligation website health check.
We’re delighted to announce a new working relationship with TrustMark, the government-endorsed quality scheme for trade and home improvement businesses.
Social media is a massive driver of sales for the beauty industry. Influencers and bloggers have boomed. Click to find out more.
META DESCRIPTIONS & SEO TITLES
INTERNAL LINKS PLAY AN ESSENTIAL ROLE ON A WEBSITE.
WHAT ARE BACKLINKS & HOW TO GET THEM
WHY OPTIMISING IMAGES ON YOUR WEBSITE IS ESSENTIAL
Existing Business. New Website Following on from our blog on future-proof marketing for start-ups, here we look at one of the common pitfalls of starting up on a shoestring. Many established businesses approach us for a new website usually for one of the...
GDPR in practice: what happens now? It felt like that GDPR deadline was looming for months. In the week leading up to the 25 May deadline, almost all of us will have had our inboxes full of emails asking us to opt in to the various marketing lists we have joined over...