Is your WordPress website ready
for PHP update 7.2?
If you have a WordPress website, this PHP update is important and it needs action as soon as possible.
All websites built with WordPress, globally, will need to upgrade to PHP 7.2.
How to install this plugin.
- In your WordPress admin go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Enter “Display PHP Version” in the text box and click Search Plugins.
- In the list of Plugins, click Install Now next to the Display PHP Version Plugin.
- Once installed, click to activate.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard page and look next to your WordPress version to see what PHP version is running.
You need to contact your website host and request this PHP update. In our experience, many website hosts will not upgrade this script automatically. Before requesting your upgrade, I recommend that you make sure that you take a site backup and update your WordPress framework, theme and plugins first.
Why upgrade your PHP script?
There are lots of reasons to make this PHP update:
- Increased website performance
- Up to 40% faster page speed
- Greater memory efficiency
- Enhanced security via the inclusion of the Argon 2 password hashing
- Libsodium cryptography library
If your website starts to wobble, the functionality starts to slow down and some elements can stop working very often. However, this can be improved by a PHP upgrade to 7.2.
If we host your website here at The Typeface Group, we will automatically be
Do you know how your website is performing? Click here to request a free, no-obligation website health check.
Click to read more about why asking your friends and family to share your content is not a sensible marketing strategy on our blog.
In this blog, we concentrate on the realities of running social media for your business and what your business can expect from social media. Click to read.
META DESCRIPTIONS & SEO TITLES
INTERNAL LINKS PLAY AN ESSENTIAL ROLE ON A WEBSITE.
WHAT ARE BACKLINKS & HOW TO GET THEM
WHY OPTIMISING IMAGES ON YOUR WEBSITE IS ESSENTIAL
Six types of campaigns which encourage social media engagement Social media platforms are constantly moving the goalposts when it comes to what generates social media engagement. The only thing which remains consistent is the need to get those all important likes,...
Goal Conversions. What? Why? How? Website Goal Conversions are supremely important if you are concerned with measuring the ROI of your website. They’re also pretty darn important if you’re serious about digital growth and understanding your lead generation hot spots....